Meet the faces of Long Mont Velo
Paul - Owner, Mechanic, Certified Bike Fitter, Social Media
- 15 years of bike sales and mechanic experience in San Diego including Trek Superstore (largest US distributor), Mission Hills Bikes and Performance Bikes
- Experience working in high volume bike shops (sales >$50K/day, servicing 15 bikes/day)
- High reputation, customers would ask for Paul by name (the best man at his wedding was a former customer 20 years prior)
- Ten years volunteering as the sole mechanic for The Ride Across California, an annual event for fifth graders in conjunction with a local YMCA (150 cyclists, six days, 300 miles, 10K ft)
- 15 years of racing experience up to Cat 2 level, ended by injuries while training for Track Worlds
- Ten years without a car relying 100% on bike transportation
- Four years volunteering as the mechanic for the Sharp Triathlon team in San Diego including racing many events with the hospital based team
- Many years of group riding experience including Pro's and celebrities. Locally Paul rides with the St Vrain Chain Gang (SVCG) and Blue Sky Velo
- Worked for 15 years in human reproductive medicine with a masters degree in Animal Physiology and Neuroscience from UC San Diego
- Favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? Um, I honestly don't know.
- Favorite drink (alcoholic)? Rogue Dead Guy Ale
- Biggest vice? Diet Soda
- Favorite ride memory to-date? It's a toss up between two. The first time I rode across California, and the Tour of the Moon in Grand Junction.
- Favorite current bicycle? My Bianchi Specialissima
- Current favorite bike product/accessory? Reynolds carbon Attack wheels
- You have to give up riding a bicycle or sleeping. Which do you choose? I'd definitely give up sleep. I don't sleep anyway.
- Any special talents or tricks? I am a pretty talent-less hack.
- Something not many people know about you? I have a tremendous fear of spiders.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs!
Trudee - Owner and Advocate for Women, Social Media
- New to cycling after injuries ended Shotokan karate practice (10 years)
- Active in bike groups/clubs, having ridden with Louisville Cyclery, Venus de Miles, The Rapha Ride (with Connie Carpenter Phinney!!!), Allison Powers Clinic, SVCG and Blue Sky Velo
- Hosts weekly ladies only group rides called the Velobelles through the shop
- Director of Finance at Oracle, CPA, MBA
More info on Trudee is coming soon!
Ron - Bike Repair/Maintenance, General Shop Assistance (part-time)
- Is a Colorado Native.
- Worked for the US Postal Service for 37 years, many of them as a bicycle letter carrier.
- Loves to cycle long distances.
- Favorite drink (non-alcoholic)? Iced coffee. I have to have my morning coffee.
- Favorite drink (alcoholic)? I don't really drink, but if I were going to have a drink it's a margarita with dinner.
- Biggest vice? Work. I enjoy keeping busy.
- Favorite ride memory to-date? The Santa Fe Century.
- Favorite current bicycle? My Cervelo
- Current favorite bike product/accessory? My kit
- You have to give up riding a bicycle or sleeping. Which do you choose? Sleeping. It's a waste of time really.
- Any special talents or tricks? I do woodworking.
- Something not many people know about you? I am a Funeral Director (for 22 years) and I've known people for years that don't know that.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs!
Anthony's Bio Coming Soon